Is This Solar’s Time to Shine in CRE?
California has stepped up its game. The jury is still out on whether other states will follow.
Solar energy has made significant strides in residential real estate, but it has been slower to catch on in the commercial realm. California’s recently adopted energy code and incentives packed into the Build Back Better bill, however, may finally give solar in industrial, office and high-rise multifamily properties the kickstart it needs.
Welcome back to “Sustainability Street,” CPE’s podcast on the intersection of commercial estate and the world we live in. In this episode, Executive Editor Therese Fitzgerald examines California’s new energy code and its potential for igniting wholesale change.
Here’s a sample of the topics the episode covers:
- California’s 2022 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (1:35)
- Residential vs. commercial solar (4:05)
- The varied landscape for solar (6:15)
- Solar and industrial real estate (9:22)
- Solar energy and the existing grid (10:09)
- Solar’s catch-22 panel (12:45)
Tune in now for this indepth conversation, and don’t forget to follow CPE’s podcasts on Spotify and Apple Podcasts!
You must be logged in to post a comment.