Omni Hotels Lands in Kentucky with Signature Mixed-Use Development

2 min read

The Omni Louisville Hotel, slated for early 2018, marks the brand’s first project in Kentucky.

By Bogdan Odagescu, Associate Editor

Omni Louisville Hotel
Omni Louisville Hotel

Louisville, Ky.Omni Hotels & Resorts just announced its first project in Kentucky, the mixed-use, 30-story Omni Louisville Hotel. Slated for completion in early 2018, the project broke ground last week in the presence of executives from Omni Hotels, along with  Louisville Mayor Greg Fischer, the Metro Council, leaders from the Louisville Convention & Visitors Bureau, and the Louisville Downtown Partnership.

The project is a public/private partnership, with Omni covering 52 percent of the costs. The city and the state will provide the remaining 48 percent out of the total $289 million, including $17 million for the land and another $17 million for a parking garage that will be constructed and owned by the Parking Authority of River City. Omni Hotels has also announced HKS Architects, Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors, and design studio Waldrop + Nichols as part of the project.

“Louisville embodies everything we look for when selecting a new Omni location – it is a global city, home to a vibrant and growing business community, diverse neighborhoods, a healthy infrastructure and a dynamic city center,” said Mike Deitemeyer, president of Omni Hotels & Resorts, in a prepared statement.

Omni Louisville rooftop pool
Omni Louisville rooftop pool

Within walkable reach of the Ohio riverbank and very close to the I-64 and I-65 junction, the Omni Louisville Hotel scores big in terms of location. Standing at Liberty and 2nd Street, just one block away from the 300,000-square-foot Kentucky International Convention Center (KICC), the development will be the tallest hotel in Louisville. With 612 upscale guestrooms and a 225-key luxury collection of apartments, the lavish property is bound to be a hefty upgrade to the thriving “Fourth Street Live!” downtown area.

In addition to KICC’s proximity, the Omni Louisville Hotel boasts its own 70,000 square feet of meeting and event space. In the food and beverage department, the offer will include two full-service restaurants with fine dining options, a lobby lounge, and a rooftop pool bar and grill. The property will also feature a fitness center and a spa, a rooftop swimming pool, a 20,000-square-foot fresh market & grocery on Liberty Street, and a Speakeasy with a bowling alley.

With a portfolio of over 60 luxury assets across North America, Omni Hotels & Resorts will include the Louisville property in its Convention Collection, which already features signature hotels in Atlanta, Dallas, Fort Worth, Nashville, Providence, San Diego, and Washington D.C.

Renderings courtesy of Omni Hotels & Resorts

You May Also Like

The latest CRE news, delivered every morning.

Most Read


Like what you're reading? Subscribe for free.