The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (NAREIT) on Nov. 13 announced the election of its 2016 officers and members of its Executive Board, the organization’s governing board.
Edward Fritsch, president & CEO of Highwoods Properties Inc., will serve as NAREIT’s 2016 Chair. He succeeds Equity Residential president and CEO David Neithercut.
Other NAREIT officers for 2016 include:
- Timothy J. Naughton, chairman & CEO of AvalonBay Communities Inc., First Vice Chair
- Thomas J. Baltimore Jr., President and CEO, RLJ Lodging Trust; Second Vice Chair
- Sandeep Mathrani, CEO, General Growth Properties, Inc., Treasurer
Each officer is a member of the organization’s Executive Board. Also serving on NAREIT’s 2016 Executive Board are:
- Michael P. Glimcher, Vice Chairman & CEO of WP Glimcher
- Ronald L. Havner, Jr., Chairman, CEO & president, Public Storage
- Philip L. Hawkins, CEO, DCT Industrial Trust Inc.
- Lauralee E. Martin, president & CEO, HCP Inc.
- Benjamin Moreland, president & CEO, Crown Castle International Corp.
- David J. Neithercut, president & CEO, Equity Residential;
- Dennis D. Oklak, chairman & CEO, Duke Realty Corporation;
- Doyle R. Simons, president & CEO, Weyerhaeuser;
- William Stein, CEO, Digital Realty;
- Robert S. Taubman, chairman, president & CEO, Taubman Centers Inc.;
- Owen D. Thomas, CEO, Boston Properties Inc.