By Corina Stef
A joint venture between Akridge and Corporate Office Properties Trust signed an 81,300-square-foot, 15-year lease at its upcoming 190,000-square-foot premier office building in the central business district of downtown Washington, D.C. The tenant is law firm Morrison & Foerster LLP, which is set to move in January 2021.
Although construction will break ground in the second quarter of 2018 and completion is expected in the first quarter of 2020, the property is already 45 percent leased. Located at 2100 L. St. NW, the future 10-story building will feature:
- two-story lobby
- 20,000-square-foot floor plates
- landscaped rooftop terrace
- indoor lounge with multi-use bar and coffee station
- penthouse conference center
- art gallery with private outdoor terraces
- state-of-the-art fitness facility
- bicycle storage room with maintenance station
- outdoor pocket park
Additionally, the property will include 10,000 square feet of street-level retail space, which has already been leased.
The development will offer easy access to four subway stations and neighborhood amenities such as restaurants, hotels, retailers, art spaces and galleries. Both Union Station and Reagan National Airport are a 15-minute drive away.
Image courtesy of Corporate Office Properties Trust