By Georgiana Mihaila, Associate Editor
Commercial real estate services firm CREC, working on behalf of the owners of five Central Florida shopping centers, has successfully completed 10 new leases totaling a combined 57,200 square feet. The 10 leases—which will bring new restaurants and service providers to five Orlando-area shopping centers—serve as indicators of how the Central Florida retail market is strengthening, with tenants eyeing centrally located shopping centers, while also taking advantage of competitive leasing rates.
According to an official release, the new tenants will occupy space at International Festival, Waterbridge Downs Shopping Center, Colonial Promenade, Hancock Village and Berry Town Center as follows:
- International Festival will be home to Action Paintball of Orlando, which is taking 20,000 square feet of indoor space and 0.50 acres for an outdoor facility. Bismillah Restaurant and Market, a middle eastern-style restaurant, is set to occupy 9,700 square feet. Moto X Bike is also leasing 2,100 square feet of retail space. The 131,585 square foot retail complex is anchored by Office Depot and strategically located at the corner of Kirkman Road and International Drive in Orlando.
- Waterbridge Downs Shopping Center has leased 6,535 square feet to Studio One Fitness, 6,000 square feet to Club Asylum, 1,400 square feet to Junior’s Café, and 1,400 square feet to Boost Mobile. CREC is exclusively representing the Boost Mobile franchisee, Wireless Hub, LLC, in its Central Florida expansion. The 112,864 square foot shopping center, anchored by national retailers Big Lots and Family Dollar, is located at the intersection of South Orange Blossom Trail and Waterbridge Boulevard in Orlando.
- Colonial Promenade has leased 6,800 square feet to Blue Cross Blue Shield at the 286,297-square-foot shopping center in Winter Haven anchored by Walmart.
- Hancock Village is leasing 1,904 square feet to J. Cotto Hair Co. The 25,244 square foot shopping center, anchored by Mexican restaurant Tijuana Flats and Walgreens pharmacy, is located at the intersection of North Hancock Road and State Road 50 in Clermont.
- Berry Town Center is leasing 1,400 square feet to Nordic Real Estate. The 94,441 square foot retail and office center, anchored by Publix supermarket, is located at the intersection of US Highway 27 and Sand Mine Road in Davenport.