Byrd Plaza Shopping Center - Availability Details
801 Dixon Blvd, Cocoa, FL 32922
- For Sale $10,500,000
- Property Type Retail - Community Center
- Property Size 205,127 Sqft
- Lot Size 20.01 Acre
- Property Tenancy Multi-Tenant
- Year Built 1958
- Date Updated Jul 29, 2021
Byrd Plaza Shopping Center is centrally located in Brevard County in the City of Cocoa, FL. The Plaza fronts both Dixon Boulevard to the north and US 1 to the east which is a major N/S artery that connects with SR 520 about 1.5 miles to the south, providing easy access to Merritt Island, Cocoa Beach and Interstate 95. SR 528 lies approximately 2 miles to the north and provides easy access to Port Canaveral and Interstate 95. The property is about 20 to 25 minutes from Kennedy Space Center to the north and Orlando/Melbourne International Airport to the south. Orlando International Airport is approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to the west and accessed via State Road 528.read more read less
Want more info on this listing?
Reach out to the broker for more info on lease terms and amenities
- City Cocoa, FL
- Neighborhood Cocoa
- Zip Code 32922
Michael Dreyer, CCIM, ALC
Dreyer & Associates
- Value Add Opportunity!
- Enjoy an existing revenue stream from such well-known tenants as Big Lots, Tractor Supply Company, Dollar General, Rent A Center, Citi Trends and Subway, to name a few.
- Outparcel Development Opportunities
- Eastern Florida State College with a student population of 25,000 is about one mile west of Byrd Plaza.
- Ample parking with over 1,200 spaces.
- In Fiscal Year 2017 (October 1, 2016 thru September 30,
- 2017), the City of Cocoa welcomed 183 new businesses
- creating approximately 215 new full-time jobs. Below is a
- snapshot of new and expanding businesses in Cocoa during
- the last fiscal year.
- TIME OUT SPORTS BAR PLUS
- Time Out employs approximately 45 people with plans to hire
- more in the coming year. The owners also have plans to
- expand with a banquet and event space behind the main
- dining room and a tiki bar.
- CRYDERMANS BARBEQUE
- Opened in July 2017, the former 1930's era-gas station at 401
- Florida Avenue is home to some of the finest American BBQ
- around. The owners chose Cocoa Village because of its
- history and character.
- ERDMAN NISSAN & TOYOTA
- A groundbreaking ceremony was held in August by the
- Erdman Automotive Group, on a 35 acre site west of 1-95 on
- SR 520 for the new home of the Mike Erdman Nissan, Mike
- Erdman Toyota, and Erdman Pre-Owned. The expansion
- includes 160,000 SF of buildings and an investment of nearly
- $30 million in new construction, machinery and equipment.
- The expansion will create over 100 new jobs in Cocoa and is
- expected to be complete in early 2018.
- The City of Cocoa is excited to announce the arrival of Wawa.
- A grand opening celebration was held on December 19, 2017.
- CLEARLAKE ISLES
- Clearlake Isles is Cocoa's newest affordable 55+ apartment
- community offering 84 one and two bedroom rentals with
- spacious interiors, fully equipped energy efficient kitchens
- and lots of storage.
- DOLLAR GENERAL
- A Dollar General was constructed at 906 Barbara Jenkins and
- the intersection of Fiske Boulevard.
- ROCKET CRAFTERS
- In August 2017, Cocoa City Council approved Ordinance 10-
- 2017, amending the Manufacturing and Industrial District
- (M2) to provide for outdoor propulsion testing facilities as a
- Special Exception use.
- FLYING J TRAVEL CENTER
- In August 2017, a ribbon cutting ceremony was held at the
- new 13,600 SF Cocoa Pilot Flying J Travel Center, it's first
- Brevard County operation just off Interstate 95, along
- State Road 524. The Flying J Travel Center, which employs
- more than 100 people, is far exceeding expectations and is
- projected to contribute $3.9 million annually in state and
- local tax revenues.
- SHOPPES AT COCOA NORTH
- More retailers can be expected in Cocoa in 2018. The
- Shoppes at Cocoa North located at 2320 HWY 524,
- formerly home to Winn Dixie, was acquired in late 2016 by
- project lead Sooner Investment out of Melbourne,
- partnered by Collett out of Charlotte, North Carolina. The
- Shoppes at Cocoa North boast over 70,000 SF of available
- retail space along a growing commercial corridor.
- WALMART DISTRIBUTION CENTER
- In August 2017, Walmart broke ground to build a state of
- the art regional distribution facility on a 132 acre site off
- of SR 524 and 1-95 in Cocoa. Walmart is investing $148
- million to build and equip the 460,000-squarefoot
- distribution center and refrigerated warehouse.
- DUNKIN DONUTS
- A new retail plaza is under construction at 2681 Clearlake
- Road, the intersection of Otterbein Avenue and Clearlake
- Road. Occupancy is being sought by early 2018.
- LAKESIDE PALMS SUBDIVISION
- A Preliminary Subdivision Plan, has been submitted by
- Lakeside Palms LLC, for Lakeside Palms, initially an
- approximate 100 single family home housing development
- situated on a 26.28 acre site, that could grow to more
- than 300 homes.
- After years of growth, and employing roughly 130 people
- at its headquarters in Rockledge, Hyperform Inc. parent
- company of SeaDek, acquired property in Cocoa at 951
- Greensboro Road to expand its manufacturing operations,
- purchasing a 60,000 square foot facility, on 9 acres of
- land, located in the Cocoa Grissom Industrial Park area,
- adjacent to SR 528.
Frequently Asked Questions
What year was Byrd Plaza Shopping Center built and finished?
Byrd Plaza Shopping Center was completed in 1958.
Contact Listing Broker
Michael Dreyer, CCIM, ALC
Dreyer & Associates