Multi-family drives market nationally, 65 percent increase in loan origination nationally, industrial is industrial-strength and top multifamily amenities capture the imagination – it’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for June 8, 2015.
- Recovering CRE Market Keeping Commercial Lenders Busy REJournals.com, June 5, 2015 – Multi-family financing is driving the midwest commercial real estate market with more renters plus rents on the rise.
- How Low Oil Prices Could Benefit CRE GlobeSt.com, June 4,2015 – Low prices will affect various property segments, especially energy dependent locations over the next several years. Not all the news is great.
- 10 Markets with Biggest Increases in Construction Loans National Real Estate Investor, June 4, 2015 – There’s been anywhere from 10 to 65 percent increases in loans originated in the ten strongest construction loan markets across in the U.S.
- Assemble Shared Office Growing Nationwide GlobeSt.com, June 4, 2015 – Roughly 20,000 square feet of flex rental office space to be opened at Assemble’s new Minneapolis location in the north end of downtown.
- US Office Costs Increase Amid Global Decline, GlobeSt.com, June 2, 2015 – DTZ’s “18th Annual Global Office Thermometer”shows a 4.8 percent increase in cost of occupancy in the U.S.
- Industrial Shows No Danger Signs Ahead, GlobeSt.com, June 4, 2015 – “No danger signs on the horizon.” says Jim Carpenter, Executive Director at Cushman & Wakefield.
- The Recession-Proof Sector, Commercial Property Executive, June 3, 2015 – Self-storage real estate investment trusts (REITs) do well in an up economy and a down economy.
- Investors Pressure Macy’s to Sell Real Estate, BISNOW, June 4, 2015 – Macy’s could sell and lease back some of the 447 stores Macy’s owns across the U.S. stores.
ell and lease back more of its major stores, a strategy that has been employed by other major retailers.Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/investors-pressure-macys-to-sell-real-estate-46498?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser
- “Perfect Storm” Driving Up Retail Assets, GlobeSt.com, June 1, 2015 – An aggressive market driven by retail that is anchored by grocery stores such as Trader Joes’s and Mariano’s is driving prices up and cap rates down per driving prices up and cap rates down whenever well-located product hits the market. (Requires registration).
- City Needs More Multifamily Development, GlobeSt.com, June 3, 2015 – Urban Land Institute’s recent presentation in Los Angeles sites more multifamily development needed with affordable housing and creative use of densely populated spaces.
- This Firm is Winning Emerging Multifamily Markets, GlobeSt.com, June 3, 2015 – Indoor-outdoor space, rooftop decks, pet-friendly amenities top the list among the elements desirable in apartment development during “Multifamily Momentum” panel at RealShare San Diego.