The recent release of the 2013 NAR Commercial Member Profile has come with some additional material published by NAR to help get the content of the Profile well understood in the industry.
A free webinar led by Jessica Lautz, NAR Survey Research Manager is now available. The 15 minute presentation covers survey methodology, its enumerated business characteristics, profile information about members and more. It’s a real help getting through some of the clutter in the charts and graphs to have Jessica as your guide.
Tech Tips On Viewing This Free Webinar
I had a slight problem getting the webinar to load properly in my browser – and in case you do too, let me share what I did to get the content running properly.
The webinar is a recording of a live webinar that took place on July 30, using the Cisco WebEx in-browser technology. It is possible that you will need to download at least one and maybe two components onto your computer to get it to play, and the instructions given in the web page might lead you astray.
- Step 1: Click the main link for the free webinar.
- Step 2: You’re presented with a “Playback” and a “Download” button. Clicking “Playback” (in Chrome OSX) led me to install the WebEx add-on. No problem there.
- Step 3: Unfortunately, the playback wouldn’t happen inside the web page even after installing the WebEx add on. So I tried the “Download” route instead.
- Step 4: Doing this began the download, but I noticed that the page suggested downloading and installing the WebEx ARF Player. I did this.
- Step 5: After installing the player, I went to my Downloads directory and launched the webinar and it played fine.
Jessica’s narration is filled with great notes and perspectives on the survey contents, process and future so it’s worth jumping through a couple of minor hoops.