Department of Energy needs your help, options and collaboration remain key in today’s office, brick and mortar retail boom time, multifamily fund surpasses $1 billion and more. It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup for July 20, 2015.
- Wanted by the Feds: More Solar Panels on Commercial Rooftops, Triad Business Journal, July 15, 2015 – Department of Energy holds a contest to generate ideas for best way to produce energy on commercial rooftops.
- U.S. Commercial Sectors Enjoy Continued Momentum in Q2, World Property Journal, July 14, 2015 – CBRE’s chief economist bullish for second half of 2015, economic growth is expected.
- Oil’s Impact on Commercial Real Estate, National Real Estate Investor, July 13, 2015 – Great news for brick and mortar retail – low oil prices predicted through 2015.
- US Leads Global Commercial Property Sales Growth, Property Wire, July 10, 2015 – Q1 2015 is up 30% in sales making U.S. number one in volume of commercial property transactions in the world.
- Collaboration, Flexible Work Styles Drive Evolution in Office Designs, National Real Estate Investor, July 17, 2015 – Adaptability and mobility are key for today’s workforce.
- Apple Dips into San Jose Market, Commercial Property Executive, July 13, 2015- Apple joins Silicon Valley market where commercial rentals top $28 a square foot due to technology company expansion.
- Best Office Market Since Dot.com Boom, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Greater Boston area tallies 9th successive quarter of positive economic activity.
- Coastal Investors Trade Indy Industrial, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Secondary market surges because of opportunities to invest in fully leased buildings with strong tenancy.
- Examining SoCal Industrial Valuations, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Investment sales surpasses its 2008 peak.
- Cold Storage Buildings Ready for Center Stage, GlobeSt.com, July 17, 2015 – Improving economy expands market for healthy foods and a greater need for year round cold storage.
- New Investor Buys “Old” Shopping Center, Commercial Property Executive, July 13, 2015 – 170,000 square foot center’s current market value is over $41 million.
- Successful Retail Landlords Handpick Tenants, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Owner: key to success is to lease to tenants who have a strong image are high quality and don’t directly compete with neighbors.
- Are We Overheating?, GlobeSt.com, July 17, 2015 – 250% appreciation in property value since 2009 may be the sign of an overheating Miami real estate market.
- New York Multifamily Market Roars Past $1B-a-month Mark, Real Estate Weekly, July 16, 2015 – Up 62% in dollar volume, 28% in transaction volume and 4 percent in increase in building volume compared to May 2014.
- Lennar Rolls Out $1.1B Multifamily Fund, GlobeSt.com, July 15, 2015 – Nation’s fifth largest apartment developer attracts international investment to their multifamily fund.
- Multifamily Sales Surpass $1 Billion in May, The Real Deal, July 13, 2015 – New York City’s prices up 40% since same time last year while Bronx sales are up 37%.
- Apple’s spaceship is rising (theverge.com)
- These were the biggest commercial real estate sales of the second quarter (bizjournals.com)
- Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For June 22, 2015 (commercialsource.com)