n a recent webinar conducted by Jones Lang LaSalle, analysts predicted commercial real estate would continue to perform well on whole, with most major international metropolitan areas growing in the 0-5% range this year. Slides from the webinar are included for download below.
Selected highlights from the JLL May 2013 webinar:
- Leasing volumes remain flat, with corporate tenants exercising caution
- Yet, transaction volumes are up 20% across the board
- Office rents are falling in Amsterdam, Paris CBD, Beijing and Milan
- Office rents have bottomed out in Chicago, Sydney, Brussels and Washington DC
- Asia-Pacific office leasing activity year over year is down an alarming 20%, yet the gloabl picture remains “flat”
- Of Europe, Asia-Pacific and the US, consumer confidence is highest in Asia-Pacific