Can you make a billion in real estate in ten minutes?
Find out in the neat online game unReal Estate – free to play right here. But be careful… it’s addictive.
How To Play
You’re an investor, starting with a modest five figure cash fund. The game begins in December 1999. Time passes — fast — as eight global markets lie before you. The game ends in the year 2100.
It’s time to borrow, buy and sell. But where? When? Hold how long?
- First off, you’re probably going to want to turn off the music. The button is on the lower right corner of the screen.
- To get more information about your personal balance sheet, click the right-pointing triangle just to the right of your Net Worth figure across the top of the game screen.
- The global market for property undergoes booms and recessions, indicated in the lower left corner.
- To me, it looks like the rent you receive from property is 7 or 8 percent of annual property value.
- Booms seem to last for ten years, recessions for five.