Pretending the property business is easy, St. Louis and its hot industrial market, retail lagging the recovery (but not in Miami) and Macy’s goes shopping for commercial real estate talent – it’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for August 11, 2014.
- Low rates boost REITs, commercial real estate stocks, CNBC, Aug. 8, 2014 – In that part of the finance world where low interest rates make performing real estate look like a cash machine in comparison, REIT plays are looking juicier.
- Twin Cities commercial real estate draws out-of-state, foreign dollars, Minneapolis Star-Tribune, Aug. 8, 2014 – International capital flows find themselves attracted to the spots laying in between the 10,000 lakes.
- Investors in real estate getting hip to new ploy, Columbus Dispatch, Aug. 10, 2014 – Crowdfunding moves into prime time in the real estate industry
- New PivotDesk offering connects real estate brokers and small startups, Beta Boston, Aug. 8, 2014 – Tech entrepreneurs: flush with venture capital, ready to change the world and suddenly in need of actual office space.
- This Startup Wants To Be The E-Trade Of Real Estate, Business Insider, Aug 9, 2014 – Retail investment vehicles and property. The latest in the ongoing struggle to pretend property investment is easy.
- Exclusive: Prologis building $10M Orlando industrial spec building, Orlando Business Journal, Aug. 7, 2014 – One sign of a healthy market – spec developments in industrial. South Florida’s happy story lies therein.
- With Pappas Center’s recent gains, industrial is alive and well in Boston’s Seaport, Boston Business Journal, Aug. 8, 2014 – Waterfront development making Boston’s unique mix of industrial base a fine few quarters.
- St. Louis industrial market surging, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Aug. 7, 2014 – Under the Arch, industry!
- Retail buildings on Miami Beach’s Lincoln Road sell for record $342 million, Miami Herald, Aug. 6, 2014 – Unconcerned by rising Atlantic waters, buyers here pay retail for retail.
- Macy’s adds veteran to real estate team, Cincinnati Business Courier, Aug. 11, 2014 – Macy’s goes shopping, finds a great deal on a CBRE exec.
- Retail real estate recovery continues in uneven fashion, Sacramento Business Journal, Aug. 4, 2014
- High rents, low inventory push S.F. multifamily market to new heights, SF Chronicle, Aug. 11, 2014
- Residential Construction in New York City Lags, WSJ, Aug. 10, 2014
- Apartment demand is sky high, supply low, Tampa News-Press, Aug. 10, 2014
- Millennials driving Phoenix multifamily market, but a drag on housing, Phoenix Business Journal, Aug. 6, 2014
- Porn Out, Hotels In as Sunset Strip Reborn: Real Estate, Bloomberg, Aug. 5, 2014 – It’s not often that the terms “aging landmark” and “erotica store” find themselves in the same sentence, but that’s L.A. for you.
- Hotels and Resorts: Investing Essentials, Motley Fool, Aug. 6, 2014
- Floating snowflake could be the world’s coolest hotel, CNN, Aug. 6, 2014
- Jailed Indian tycoon tries to sell New York Plaza, CNBC, Aug. 10, 2014
- Goodman wins bid to develop archdiocesan land, Philadelphia Inquirer, Aug. 10, 2014
- Industrial park land up for sale, NV Daily, Aug. 6, 2014
- Boca Raton city-owned real estate adds up to some serious green, Sun-Sentinel, Aug. 11, 2014