Big mergers, global buyers desire one-stop-shopping, industrial pricing may be at its peak, Wal-Mart shrinking, Apple’s fresh look, booming multi-family market — and more. It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup for September 8, 2015.
- Cushman & Wakefield Takes Historic Leap Forward, Commercial Property Executive, September 3, 2015 – Consolidation continues to shake up the CRE industry.
- The Cloud’s Impact on CRE is Clear, GlobeSt.com, September 1, 2015 – Construction pipeline for data centers surges.
- How the Global Economy is Affecting US CRE, GlobeSt.com, August 31, 2015 – Lower oil prices coupled with few jobs overseas cause investors to continue to be bullish on the US property market.
- Top Tech Cities in U.S. Commanding Hefty Office Rent Premiums, World Property Journal, September 2, 2015 – Opportunities for CRE investment trending way up in markets that command up to an 87% rental premium.
- It’s Not About Where You Do the Work, GlobeSt.com, September 2, 2015 – Productivity trumps location for many in today’s office market.
- The Most Dominant Office Market Trend, GlobeSt.com, August 31, 2015 – Tenants are expanding and bringing out of state divisions to the Tampa office market.
- Hot Baltimore-Washington Corridor Industrial Market Sees Another Sale, Commercial Property Executive, September 4, 2015 – Investors rush to buy property in industrial “promised land”.
- NY Investor Grabs East Baltimore Industrial Site, Commercial Property Executive, September 2, 2015 – Existing tenants make acquisition very attractive.
- Industrial Pricing Heads Toward Peak, GlobeSt.com, September 1, 2015 – Sales activity for industrial properties approaches 2007 high.
- Can Wal-Mart Support 5,200 Stores?, 24/7 Wall St., September 4, 2015 – Will Wal-Mart’s empire expand or decrease in 2016?
- Apple Stores are About to Change in this Huge Way, Fortune, September 2, 2015 – Apple stores to get a fresh new look soon.
- Retail Development Picks Up in Louisville, GlobeSt.com, September 2, 2015 – National retailers flock to the I-65 corridor in Louisville’s metro area.
- High Walk Score Makes MF Stand Out, GlobeSt.com, September 4, 2015 – Value-added properties that offer high walkability and family fun are very desirable in suburban areas.
- The Latest on Rent Growth, Commercial Property Executive, September 1, 2015 – Multi-family rent growth holding strong, but volatile international stock market may trigger a cooling soon.
- Steady Hiring Favors Multifamily, GlobeSt.com, August 31, 2015 – Consumer confidence and a record number of 20 somethings in the market drive multifamily income opportunities.
- The Largest Company in Each State (247wallst.com)
- ‘Game-changing’ $2B deal to merge Cushman & Wakefield, DTZ complete (bizjournals.com)
- Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For August 31, 2015 (commercialsource.com)