Presenting the REach Class Of 2015
Second Century Ventures, the strategic investment arm of the National Association of REALTORS® has announced its newest crop of startup technology companies for the 2015 year. Narrowed from a field of hundreds of applicants, these eight companies have been recognized as this year’s most promising ventures to impact our industry. Represented are platforms, products and services that promise to redefine how technology can support and extend real estate practice.
“This year’s REach class is made up of truly phenomenal organizations that are innovating both within and beyond the real estate space,” said Dale Stinton, president of SCV and NAR CEO. “The entrepreneurial spirit and energy that this class embodies will resonate greatly with the NAR community. We are looking forward to introducing the new class to NAR’s 1 million members while providing the companies with access to experts and influencers in the real estate, insurance, mortgage and financial services industries.”
The REach Growth Accelerator is a nine-month program that provides companies – some startups, usually technology – with education, an insight panel and mentorship and exposure to lead them into the real estate marketplace. It’s a way to attract top tech innovation into a giant segment of the US economy — 15% of the entire US economic picture is taken up by real estate in all its facets. REach Growth Accelerator matches promising companies with industry veterans in order to clearly define market needs and the most successful means to deliver solutions. You can learn more about REach by visiting NARReach.com.
The Class Of 2015
Welcome the newest crop of NARReach selected companies and browse their offerings right here:
- Asset Avenue – An online peer-to-peer lending platform for the commercial real estate industry, it provides borrowers and brokers with quick and reliable access to competitively priced loans financed by accredited and institutional investors who lend up to $25 million for any single property.
- August Home – August is a technology company building products including smart locks that make life simpler by allowing physical environments to seamlessly respond to people’s behavior.
- BoostUp – Helps people save for a down payment on their next car or home by offering a dollar-for-dollar match on their savings from brand partners, family and friends.
- Guard Llama – A mobile personal security system that expedites the 9-1-1 dispatching process when dialing 9-1-1 is not possible.
- Loop & Tie – Simplifies personalized gifting for businesses to help promote brands, win business and build goodwill.
- Notary Cam – Provides companies and individuals with the ability to have documents notarized online from anywhere in the world, at any time, by a network of certified, licensed notaries.
- Pro.com – A home services marketplace that helps homeowners price out projects and matches them with a certified “pro” in their area that can get the job done.
- TermScout – An intelligence application for business-to-business sales professionals.
“While these seven companies have a broad range of products and services – from home services and personal security to commercial real estate lending – they have one thing in common: exceptional leadership and vision. They are seizing an opportunity for rapid growth within the real estate, finance and home services via REach, which will ultimately help them expand into other vertical marketplaces,” said Constance Freedman, managing director of Second Century Ventures and REach. “This is one of the aspects of the REach program that is so unique and fascinating. We help companies build credibility in our key sectors of focus to use as a base for expanding into other relevant markets as well.”
Hundreds of companies applied to REach this year, more than double the applicants in 2014. Those chosen proved to have solid business models, executable business plans and significant potential to impact the real estate space and beyond. The seven organizations can expect significant results, as past classes have doubled, on average, their customer base and collectively raised over $34 million in financing both during and after completing the program.
Watch right here at The Source for further coverage of the commercial real estate aspects to these companies and how they can solve your business challenges.