Podcast: REALTORS® Expo Sneak Peek, RPR Commercial Debut, Credit Union Merger
The most recent monthly podcast by NAR Treasurer Bill Armstrong is packed with important news for commercial practitioners. You can listen to the cast for full details — a quick summary is below:
NAR 2012 Conference And Expo
- It might surprise some that the grand total of cross-border investment in US commercial real estate adds up to a $23.2 billion market. Fully understanding and maximizing the opportunities available in this market is a challenge that the 2012 Conference and Expo will help you meet.
- NAR Senior Economist Lawrence Yun will unveil his industry forecast for the coming year.
- The Expo floor is where you can find out firsthand about all the products and services from leading vendors, as well as talk one-on-one with conference speakers at the Commercial Pavilion.
- New this Expo: You’ve probably heard of speed dating. Have you ever heard of speed networking? It’s the speed dating concept applied to professional networking. In our speed networking session, you’ll introduce yourself, pitch properties and exchange information with as many colleagues as possible in one hour. Ready, set, go!
REALTORS® Property Resource (RPR) Commercial application debuting November 1
The RPR Commercial application is coming. Years in the making, RPR is a huge NAR project devoted to collecting and indexing unheard-of levels of detail on properties. The RPR Commercial application is a new and powerful application that will be available only to NAR members and will give REALTORS® the competitive edge in market research, reporting and impressing clients. Get details at RPR’s blog and at the RPR Blog Commercial page.
REALTORS® Federal Credit Union Merger with Northwest Federal Credit Union Now Complete
- The new merger means that the credit union offers:
- Virtual banking
- 4,600 brick-and-mortar service centers around the US
- Thousands of ATMs nationwide
- Money to lend at competetive rates
- A number of unique financing options for owner-occupied commercial real estate
- All without a prepayment penalty