Commercial Real Estate Roundup For August 3, 2015
Like-kind exchanges get a census, Q2 sales slump, office construction booms in ten markets, an intergovernmental turf war, and what does $12 million get you in Milwaukee? It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup for August 3, 2015.
- Jim Mc Shane Shares His Thoughts On The Next Generation Of Leaders – REJournals, July 31, 2015 – A giant in spec buildings and leasing muses on the state of leadership.
- Like-Kind Exchanges: Highlights from Arizona -NAR, Economists’ Outlook Blog, July 31, 2015 – NAR article counts some 1031 exchanges and comes up with some interesting figures.
- Sales Growth Slow in Second Quarter – GlobeSt.com – July 27, 2015 – Is lower volume due to higher CAP rates, concern over potentially rising interest rates or something else?
- The 10B Real Estate Class : Lessons from the Case of WeWork – Coydavidson.com – July 30, 2015 – Shared office space matchmaker company snags giant valuation – Coy Davidson muses on the fallout.
- Top ten US markets for office construction from Len Rockwell – Lllenrock.com – July 29, 2015 – Raleigh at number ten and Houston at number one. Where is your market?
- 15 Years for Mega Office Leases – GlobeSt.com – July 30, 2015 – What starts with AutoTrader and ends with Google?
- Cincinnati Industrial Market Hits Historic Low – GlobeSt.com – July 31, 2015 – Just like the Cincinnati Reds 2015 baseball season, industrial markets in the Queen City are similarly slumping.
- Biotech Real Estate Boom Shows No Letup – GlobeSt.com – July 29, 2015 – Biotech growth reaches many corners of the country, says Boston conference.
- Twin Cities Industrial Market Accelerates – GlobeSt.com – July 29, 2015 – Minnesota’s submarket leads industrial growth with 90% new construction in bulk warehouse facilities.
Grandbridge Real Estate Capital Closes $8million Loan for Minnesota Apartment Complex – REJournals.com – July 30, 2015 – Minnesota apartment deal comes in with $8 million in insurance dollars.
Why You Shouldn’t Worry (yet) That Developers Are Bringing Too Many Apartment Units To Your City – ReJournals.com – July 31, 2015 – Apartment markets not saturated yet, says July Matrix survey.
Office of Inspector General Challenges HUD Policy Regarding Public Housing For Over-Income Families – JDOffice of Inspector General challenges HUD, intra-governmental turf war results.
- National Spotlight: Walmart Announces New Small-Footprint Stores in St. Louis – Llenrock.com – August 1, 2015 – Wal-Mart, The largest employer and retailer in the US gets small.
- App-less mobile tool strives to engage shoppers, boost traffic and sales – Retailcustomerexperience.com – July 31, 2015 – Exciting shoppers with apps in a marriage of brick and click.
- Marcus & Millichap sells Wisconsin department store for $12 million– REJournals.com – July 29, 2015 – What does $12 million get you in Milwaukee? Why, a shopping mall, of course.