Commercial Real Estate News Roundup (Retail Edition) For Dec. 7, 2015
Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone and the season that makes or breaks the retail books is upon us. What are the must-read retail property stories from the big and the not-so-big markets? They’re all right here in the Retail Edition of the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup.
- Investing In Loyalty: How A Family-Run Chain May Upstage Big Brands – RetailCustomerExperience, Dec. 7, 2015 – Learn about Texas-based supermarket chain H-E-B and its strategies to break the “race to the bottom” in its numbers and expansions.
- RPAI REIT Works To Improve Retail Efficiency – GlobeSt. Dec 7. 2015 – Through space recapture, reconfiguration and whole host of retail portfolio management techniques, RPAI execs aim for long-term value.
- Free Webinar: How Millennials Are Disrupting Shopping – RetailCcustomerExperience, Dec 7. 2015 – December 10 at 2PM ET, learn the specifics of the generational changes in retailing and get a handle on how to broker and manage accordingly.
- These Three Retail Categories Are Growing – GlobeSt. Dec 7. 2015 – Partner in Atlanta-based corporate firm spots three retail categories on a growth pattern – specialty restaurant, health, and sporting goods.
- Tenant Issues Challenge Retail REITS – NREI, Dec.3, 2015 – The numbers are in, including projections for next year, and tenant issues loom larger than ever in profitability impacts nationwide for REIT portfolio managers.
- European Retail Property Deals Surge – WSJ, Dec. 1, 2015 – Learn about the almost 70 billion euro in retail property purchases across the continent in 2015.
- Retail Picks Up Steam In Downtown LA – Bisnow, Nov. 12, 2015 – A tripled residential population is driving a retailing frenzy in downtown Los Angeles.
- Baum Realty Puts Together $4.2M McDeal – ShoppingCenterBusiness.com – Dec. 7. 2015 – A 20 year new ground lease with staggered rent raises is suburban Chicago’s newest McDonalds deal.
- Tim Horton’s vs. Dunkin Donuts – Llenrock.com – Dec. 7 2015 – “As you are no doubt aware, donuts and coffee are the two greatest things in the world.” Couldn’t agree more, Mr. Eric Hawthorne.
- Inland Is Shopping For Shopping – GlobeSt., Dec 4, 2015 – Chicago-based property firm about to cross $40B milestone in total buys since inception. VP Mark Cosenza explains how.