Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for Sept. 14, 2015
Drone testimony from NAR’s President, 50M new square feet of industrial comes online, and apartment tenants controlling thermostats and window shades with their smart phones — it’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for September 14, 2015.
- NAR President Testifies Before House Judiciary Subcommittee in Support of Responsible Commercial Drone Use, National Association of Realtors, Sept. 10, 2015 – NAR President Chris Polychron visits the House Judiciary Committee on the matter of drones — and on Congress continuing to issue waivers to allow real estate professionals to operate them.
- Net Lease Buyers Consider Multi-Tenant Properties, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 9, 2015 – Packing maintenance and insurance into apartment building numbers – a new trend?
- Office buildings with the best tenants? They boast healthy living amenities, REJournals.com, Sept. 11, 2015 – Healthy tenants are happy tenants, says the experience of office property managers fielding demand for bike storage.
- Why Decision Makers Are Crossing Their Fingers, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 10, 2015 – A cloudy crystal ball in Miami has professionals taking a wait and see attitude to transactions.
- St. Louis Offices Bring in Big Money, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 10, 2015 – $36M office acquisition by a REIT prompts a broader look at the office market under the arch.
- Q2 North American Industrial Report, Colliers International, Sept. 9, 2015 – Colliers 2Q report on industrial highlights talks up the sector’s cap rates against today’s low-yield national market.
- Strong Demand Leads Developers to Pursue New Industrial Projects, National Real Estate Investor, Sept. 11, 2015 – 50M sq ft. of new industrial space came online in 2Q.
- Right Location, Right Mission Are Paramount, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 10, 2015 – From business continuity planning to good old location-finding, valuing industrial property strategically is about finding the right mix of drivers.
- Self-Storage Owners Gaining Access to Credit, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 8, 2015 – Aries Capital joins the Self Storage Association, bringing that industry greater access than ever to capital to fuel its growth.
- Forever 21 Evaluates the Size of its Store Prototype, National Real Estate Investor, Sept. 9, 2015 – Nation’s fifth largest specialty retailer puts its space model back on the drawing board. Is smaller better?
- New Center More Than Just Outlets, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 11, 2015 – The latest retail transaction of note in Orange County’s San Clemente promises a little more than the tried and true outlet formula.
- Capital One Makes $89M Loan for Miami Multifamily, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 11, 2015 – Credit card giant puts eight figures on the table to add to the multifamily picture in Magic City.
- High-Tech Multifamily Gets Big Results, GlobeSt.com, Sept. 11, 2015 – Window shades and thermostats controlled by smartphone app, and the tenants couldn’t be more thrilled
Fine & Company auctioning nearly completed 150-unit apartment building in Joplin, REJournals.com, Sept. 11, 2015 – Joplin, MO’s 150-unit development, almost done and now under auction.