Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For October 5, 2015
Chinese capital yells “action” in Hollywood, logistics expansions deliver big profits, retail’s awesome or doomed (depending on who you ask), and let’s get small. It’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for October 5, 2015
- Is the CRE Future Bright According to Economists?, Commercial Property Executive, October 1, 2015 – A rosy forecast has CRE transactions reaching half a trillion.
- Technology to Add Enormous Value to CRE, GlobeSt.com, September 30, 2015 – Tools for due diligence, wireless everywhere and telemedecine cited as key movers.
- Carl Icahn: Fed interest rate policy ‘could be disastrous’, Fortune, September 29, 2015 – Cheap money leads to cheap tricks with expensive consequences, says activist investor.
- Economy Watch: How Did the U.S. Economy Fare in Q2?, Commercial Property Executive, September 28, 2015 – Real estate as percentage of GDP still has distance to go to match past peak.
- Chinese Developer Heads to Hollywood, GlobeSt.com, September 29, 2015 – $125M mixed-use LA development announces first major Chinese investment in Hollywood RE.
- Qatar to Spend $35B in the US over Next Five Years, BISNOW, September 29, 2015 – State investment authority puts $35B bound for the US.
- Manhattan Taken by Canada as Real Estate Purchases Reach Record, September 28, 2015 – $2 billion from Canada found its way to Manhattan last year. This year so far? $3.85B.
- Why Coworking is Such a Big CRE Hit, GlobeSt.com, September 30, 2015 – In a word: affordability.
- Downtown Office vs. Suburban Office National Income / Expense Review (Chart of the Week), BISNOW, September 30, 2015 – IREM’s numbers won’t surprise, but they sure are arranged attractively.
- Economy Watch: Is Telecommuting on the Rise?, Commercial Property Executive, September 29, 2015 – 314,000 more workers than last year are going bathrobe-casual on the clock, says Brookings Institution.
- LAX Office Property Values Climb, GlobeSt.com, September 28, 2015 – “Going south” in the LA office market no longer means bad news.
- Industrial Sector to Hit Equilibrium Next Year, GlobeSt.com, October 2, 2015 – Industrial vacancies in key markets are hitting lows, but new supply is on its way.
- Global Investor Lights Up in Pinellas Park, Commercial Property Executive, September 29, 2015 – Down Tampa way, $11M in greenbacks for a cigar warehouse, thoughts of thawed Cuban relations might be part of the deal.
- Industrial Landlords Ride a Wave of Dot-coms, GlobeSt.com, September 29, 2015 – The so-called “last-mile providers” are generating riches in logistics like at no time before.
- Historical Trends in Southern California Industrial, GlobeSt.com, September 28, 2015 – Who’s the industrial winner between Inland Empire, LA and SD?
- Competition Increases in Net Lease Market, GlobeSt.com, October 2, 2015 – More single tenants than ever seem to love paying all the bills. Who’s to stop them?
- Proof That SBA Likes West Coast Retail, GlobeSt.com, October 1, 2015 – SBA 504 loan dollars hitch up the wagon train and head west in big numbers.
- Bricks-and-Mortar Retail Here to Stay, GlobeSt.com, September 29, 2015 – “Is that all you got?” asks retail executive of the disruption of e-tailing.
- The Horrible Truth About Retailing, Forbes, September 28, 2015 – Forbes looks at the future of retail and sees ugly price wars started by new arrivals to the US market.
- Meet the Hipster Real Estate Developers Building for Millennials, Bloomberg, September 30, 2015 – If you’re near the monied and young watch lifestyle and land value meet in a neighborhood near you.
- 8 of the Most Important Micro Unit Developments in the US, BISNOW, September 30, 2015 – Eight been developments that get real, real small.