Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For October 26, 2015
A extra-large refi at a nice low rate, a warehouse developer doubles down, how to pick the best spot for the next store, and the world’s oldest toy shop is on the block. It’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for October 26, 2015
- Sweet Repurposing – Candy Company HQ Into Luxury Hotel – NREI, October 22, 2015 – LaCrosse, WI iconic office building gets new roof, new purpose and lease on life.
- New CORFAC President Talks European Risk, Reward – GlobeSt. October 22, John Homsher, CCIM, talks finding value-add office projects in Paris.
- Jones Lang SVP: Orange County Office Demand Expected To Stay High – GlobeSt. October 22, 2015 – SoCal absorption high, vacancy low, demand not tapering off, says JLL exec
- Multifamily Development Future In Modular Form – GlobeSt. Oct. 23, 2015 – In primary markets, construction cost savings from new building techniques are in high demand.
- Apartment Boom Nears Its End – GlobeSt. Oct. 23, 2015 – UCLA Zinman Center publication sees a peak in national demand for high-end apartment product.
- Multifamily Borrower Snags Low Rate, High LTV – GlobeSt Oct 22, 2015 – A big refi comes in at 3.5% and 80% LTV. Learn how at GlobeSt. exclusive.
- Grandbridge RE Closes $3M Industrial Building Refi – REJournals, Oct. 23, 2015 -Suburban Minneapolis 112K SF property gets new financing through insurance giant
- Butterfield Corporate Plaza – GlobeSt. Oct 22, 2015 – Investor picks up 130K SF flex portfolio near Tucson’s airport.
- Baltimore Warehouse Project Planned By Indianapolis Developer – Baltimore Bus. Journal, Oct. 22, 2015 – Across the street from its recent 1M SF warehouse developed for Amazon, Duke Realty is doubling down.
- World’s Oldest Toy Shop For Sale – Retail Customer Experience, Oct. 23, 2015 – 255-year-old Hamley’s in London in talks with China-based footwear retailer.
- Calling The Next QSR Location’s Shot – Retail Customer Experience, October 22, 2015 – Conference brings execs together to talk about location, location, location.
- Coldwell Commercial Affiliates Survey On Digital Shopping – Commercial Property Executive, Oct 20, 2015 – Survey touched on same-day delivery pilot programs and in-store pricing effects.