Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for Nov. 23, 2015
REITs rejected, CBRE crunches numbers, and Utah’s tech boom – it’s all here in the Commercial Real Estate News Roundup for November 23, 2015. And a Happy Thanksgiving to everybody!
- CBRE Acquires Retail Analytics Firm – REJournals.com – Nov. 21, 2015 – National corporate firm snaps up a statistical analysis boutique, putting twenty scientists and analysts on the payroll to help retail figure out location and turnover.
- McREIT Cancelled – WSJ, Nov, 10 2015 – Rumblings of a spinoff of McDonalds property end with an announcement from the fast food giant.
- Macy’s Opts Out Of REIT Spinoff Too – Commercial Property Executive, Nov, 18, 2015 – Department store giant decides not to securitize its property.
- Nashville Plans 600K SF Industrial Park – The Tennessean – Nov. 9, 2015 – A nearly $2MM land purchase for 44 acres may prefigure a sizable warehouse park in the nation’s country music capital.
- Neighbors Fight St. Pete Golf Course Repurpose Into Warehouse – Nov. 4, 2015 – A closed 18 holes vs. a proposed 1.3 million sq. ft warehouse development – that’s the fight in Lakeland.
- Mixed-Use Proposal in Baytown Seeks To Capitalize On Houston Industrial Boom – Nov. 12 2015 – What does industrial development get you? More industrial development, often enough.
- Milwaukee Post Office Redev – Nov. 22, 2015 – A more in-depth look at the Chicago developer’s (huge) plans for Milwaukee’s former central Post Office.
- Utah’s Tech-Highway Sets Record – Nov. 4, 2015 – Check out a full rundown of the largest office construction boom in Utah’s history.
- Puget Sound Eyes 725K SF Project – Nov. 2, 2015 – Puget Sound Business Journal – Amid a significant amount of competing projects, a Lake Washington development reaches for the sky.
- Clevo Warehouse District Promises Apartments – Cleveland.Com, Nov. 20, 2015 – Between West Third and West Sixth, a pair of developers propose 350+ new downtown apartments.
- St. Louis Apartment Building Closes Development Phase – St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Nov. 18, 2015 – The Highlands At Forest Park enters its final phase with the addition of these 246 units.