Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For Feb. 4, 2015
Tucson’s golf-based economy assessed a penalty for slow play, oil prices are in play, and women in CRE need a more level playing field. It’s all in today’s Commercial Real Estate News Roundup (abridged edition) for February 4, 2015.
- Commercial real estate in Tucson slowly improving, Arizona Daily Star, Jan. 30, 2015 – The arrival of national chains and a good chunk of net positive absorption aside, to some, Tucson’s recovery has been caught in a sand trap.
- Slippery Situation: Oil’s Potential Impact on Real Estate, Commercial Observer, Jan. 28, 2015 – The Bakken range in the Dakotas and Houston seem extra-exposed to the chaos accompanying low oil prices.
- Why Do Women in CRE Earn Less? Globe St., Feb. 2, 2015 – The eternal question about C-suites and Y chromosomes addressed by CREW President.
- Chinese Real-Estate Firm Looks West—to California, WSJ, Jan. 27, 2015 – EB-5 investments are just part of the wave of foreign capital heading to the west coast
- Canadian pension funds scoop up US$2.75B in U.S. commercial property in first half of January, Financial Post, Feb. 3, 2015 – Investments, not gimmicks, sought by the pension funds north of the border
- Asian real estate buyers: First they want to meet the mayor, Puget Sound Business Journal, Jan. 27, 2015 – The social and commercial implications of foreign investment
- Qatar hotel options to multiply in 2015 amid rising visitor numbers, Doha News, Feb. 3, 2015
- Offices Minus Tenants Rise Beyond Manhattan: Real Estate, Bloomberg, Feb. 3, 2015
- 5 Best Markets for Office Investment, National Real Estate Investor, Jan. 28, 2015
- Office Space: Trulia office design is rooted in community, trees, San Francisco Chronicle, Feb. 2, 2015
- Suburban office building sales jump 20 percent in 2014, Crain’s Chicago Business, Feb. 2, 2015
- A recharge for industrial real estate, Orange County Register, Jan. 31, 2015
- El Paso-Juarez industrial real estate market back to pre-recession levels, El Paso Times, Jan. 31, 2015
- Hot industrial markets: New York, Chicago and … Lakeland? Tampa Bay Business Journal, Jan. 29, 2015
- Detroit’s Industrial Market Heating Up, in Spite of Older Building Stock, National Real Estate Investor, Jan. 30, 2015
- Why the grocery business is now retail’s hottest niche, Minneapolis Post, Feb. 2, 2015
- Denver retail scene is active, but some merchants are still staying away, Denver Business Journal, Feb. 2, 2015
- Amazon eyeing RadioShack real estate, Washington Business Journal, Feb. 3, 2015
- The Shakeout between Winners and Losers in Retail Real Estate Will Continue, National Real Estate Investor, Feb. 2, 2015
- TruAmerica Makes Bet on Upgrading Southern California Apartments, WSJ, Jan. 27, 2015
- How much will apartment rents rise in 2015? Experts offer mixed views, Austin Business Journal, Feb. 3, 2015
- Area’s apartment fever appears to be cooling, Houston Chronicle, Jan. 27, 2015