Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For August 10, 2015
More women needed in CRE, Orlando retail and office buildings are in great demand, industrial market strong in Kansas City and more. It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate Real Estate Roundup for August 10, 2015.
- How Can CRE Industry Attract More Women?, GlobeSt.com, August 5, 2015 – Miami CREW builds network for women.
- Commercial Mortgages Rise 29% Y-O-Y, GlobeSt.com, August 4, 2015 – Going strong with the commercial mortgage rate rising 16% quarter to quarter.
- U.S. Construction Spending Climbs 0.1% in June, Market Watch, August 3, 2015 – Yes, 0.1% in residential, but flat in non-residential and commercial building.
- Orlando Retail and Office Spiking, GlobeSt.com, August 7, 2015 – According to commercial real estate brokerage firm, Marcus & Millichap job growth will be up in Orlando by 3.9 % this for a total of 44,000 more jobs.
- 5 Secondary Office Markets to Watch, National Real Estate Investor, August 7, 2015 – Real estate services firm, JLL reports office property sales were up 19.6 % this last year with Q2 2015 being the best quarter since the downturn of 2008.
- 5 Takeaways from Half-Year Office Sales Performance, National Real Estate Investor, August 3, 2015 – First half of 2015 shows 400% gain in sales in two secondary markets, Raleigh/Durham, N.C. and St. Louis, MO. according to New York’s RCA a data and analytics company.
- Industrial Developers Confident but Careful, GlobeSt.com, August 5, 2015 – Kevin Matzke with Clarius Partners reports ground will be broken for more large industrial space in Chicagoland in 2016.
- Kansas City Industrial Market Surges, GlobeSt.com, August 4, 2015 – Bureau of Labor Statistics reports a healthy outlook for Kansas City industrial employees this coming year.
- Who’s Opening and Closing Stores?, National Real Estate Investor, August 6, 2015 – Bed, Bath And Beyond looking fluffier as time goes on, while old-line grocery names are drooping.
- Retail Investors Prefer Coastal Markets, National Real Estate Investor, August 6, 2015 – The water brings the commerce, the commerce brings the customers.
- Retail is ‘A Big, Interconnected World’, GlobeSt.com, August 5, 2015 – JLL’s Leasing board welcomes a new expert.
- U.S. Builders Remain Optimistic about Senior Housing Market, World Property Journal, August 7, 2015 – The demographic truth behind the graying of the baby boomer generation has groundbreaking consequences.
- New Trends in MF Rental Patterns, GlobeSt.com, August 4, 2015 – Handling the disruption to decades-old patters of suburban migration is an apartment market near you.
- How Multifamily Developers Can Do Well and Do Good, BISNOW, August 3, 2015 – Why do good when you can do well AND do good? Well, you can do both. Which is good.
- Commercial Real Estate Roundup For August 3, 2015 (commercialsource.com)