Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup For July 7, 2015
REITs cautious because of possible interest rate hikes, offices surge in some secondary markets, good news and bad news about Atlanta’s CRE, industrial property will be hot for the rest of 2015. It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate national news roundup for June 22, 2015.
- The Promising Future of Real Estate Crowdfunding, HuffingtonPost.com, July 3, 2015 – Investment funds on a steady upward trajectory from $2.7 billion in 2012 to well over $10 billion in 2014.
- What REITs Tells Us About the State of the US Real Estate Market, BisNow.com, July 2, 2015 – Profit’s up, interest rates remain low and REITs are holding strong.
- Are Office Tides Rising In Secondary Markets?, GlobeSt.com, July 1, 2015 – Assumptions about secondary markets disappear as demand rises.
- Beating Back Building Obsolescence In Office, GlobeSt.com, July 2, 2015 – Panelists discuss cost per useable seat and how to update office buildings to meet modern worker’s needs.
- North American Industrial Absorption Rate High, Industry Experts See Continued Growth For Remainder 2015 – REJournals.com, June 30, 2015 –
- Massive Tampa Industrial Site Up For Grabs, GlobeStreet.com, June 29, 2015, Could this be the next logistics and distribution center for the South East US?
- The REIT Option For Retailers: Not So New, GlobeSt.com, June 30, 2015 – REITs go in and out of vogue and it’s about that time for retailers.
- Good and Bad News For Atlanta Retailers, GlobeSt.com, July 2, 2015 – Bidding wars for restaurant space while retail development is stagnant.
- McKinley Finds Niche Renter in Baby Boomer Women, Multifamilyexecutive.com, July 2, 2015 – Healthy lifestyle is high on the list for baby boomer women when considering housing options.
- This Orland MF Submarket Is White Hot, GlobeSt.com, June 29, 2015 – Forbes 2014, “#1 City in the Country For Job Growth” is demanding more multifamily development.
- Industrial vacancy hovers below 10 percent even with new buildings in the mix (bizjournals.com)
- Washington moves up the green office space ladder (bizjournals.com)
- CyrusOne Kicks Off Third Massive Phoenix Data Center (datacenterknowledge.com)
- ARI: Growth Ahead for Commercial Real Estate REITs (investorplace.com)