Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup For July 20, 2015
Department of Energy needs your help, options and collaboration remain key in today’s office, brick and mortar retail boom time, multifamily fund surpasses $1 billion and more. It’s all here at the Commercial Real Estate National News Roundup for July 20, 2015.
- Wanted by the Feds: More Solar Panels on Commercial Rooftops, Triad Business Journal, July 15, 2015 – Department of Energy holds a contest to generate ideas for best way to produce energy on commercial rooftops.
- U.S. Commercial Sectors Enjoy Continued Momentum in Q2, World Property Journal, July 14, 2015 – CBRE’s chief economist bullish for second half of 2015, economic growth is expected.
- Oil’s Impact on Commercial Real Estate, National Real Estate Investor, July 13, 2015 – Great news for brick and mortar retail – low oil prices predicted through 2015.
- US Leads Global Commercial Property Sales Growth, Property Wire, July 10, 2015 – Q1 2015 is up 30% in sales making U.S. number one in volume of commercial property transactions in the world.
- Collaboration, Flexible Work Styles Drive Evolution in Office Designs, National Real Estate Investor, July 17, 2015 – Adaptability and mobility are key for today’s workforce.
- Apple Dips into San Jose Market, Commercial Property Executive, July 13, 2015- Apple joins Silicon Valley market where commercial rentals top $28 a square foot due to technology company expansion.
- Best Office Market Since Dot.com Boom, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Greater Boston area tallies 9th successive quarter of positive economic activity.
- Coastal Investors Trade Indy Industrial, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Secondary market surges because of opportunities to invest in fully leased buildings with strong tenancy.
- Examining SoCal Industrial Valuations, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Investment sales surpasses its 2008 peak.
- Cold Storage Buildings Ready for Center Stage, GlobeSt.com, July 17, 2015 – Improving economy expands market for healthy foods and a greater need for year round cold storage.
- New Investor Buys “Old” Shopping Center, Commercial Property Executive, July 13, 2015 – 170,000 square foot center’s current market value is over $41 million.
- Successful Retail Landlords Handpick Tenants, GlobeSt.com, July 13, 2015 – Owner: key to success is to lease to tenants who have a strong image are high quality and don’t directly compete with neighbors.
- Are We Overheating?, GlobeSt.com, July 17, 2015 – 250% appreciation in property value since 2009 may be the sign of an overheating Miami real estate market.
- New York Multifamily Market Roars Past $1B-a-month Mark, Real Estate Weekly, July 16, 2015 – Up 62% in dollar volume, 28% in transaction volume and 4 percent in increase in building volume compared to May 2014.
- Lennar Rolls Out $1.1B Multifamily Fund, GlobeSt.com, July 15, 2015 – Nation’s fifth largest apartment developer attracts international investment to their multifamily fund.
- Multifamily Sales Surpass $1 Billion in May, The Real Deal, July 13, 2015 – New York City’s prices up 40% since same time last year while Bronx sales are up 37%.
- Apple’s spaceship is rising (theverge.com)
- These were the biggest commercial real estate sales of the second quarter (bizjournals.com)
- Commercial Real Estate News Roundup For June 22, 2015 (commercialsource.com)